Turlock Surface Water Distribution System Improvements Project
Reliance on groundwater as a single source of water to supply the City of Turlock is no longer sustainable and the Stanislaus Regional Water Authority (SRWA) has identified the Tuolumne River as a surface water supply that can be used in conjunction with the City’s groundwater systems to provide a long-term, reliable drinking water supply. The City of Turlock’s Surface Water Distribution System Improvements Project will install pipelines and construct a water storage tank and pump station, to provide the necessary infrastructure for the City of Turlock to convey purified drinking water from the SRWA’s system to the City of Turlock’s water distribution system and ensure a safe and reliable source of water for the future.
Project construction will include traffic control, lane closures and limited detours in the project area. Anticipated traffic impacts include lane closures and road closures (except to local traffic) and detours will be in effect. Prior to and during active construction, construction notices will be used to inform the community of upcoming activities and impacts. The project is expected to continue through August 2023. Installation of pipelines and construction of a water storage tank will occur in these areas:
- On N. Quincy Road from E. Zeering Road south to Sebastian Drive
- Along E. Zeering Road, from North Quincy Road, west to
- Along E. Monte Vista Avenue between N. Quincy Road and N.
Monte Vista Avenue, from N. Quincy Rd west to Amethyst Way, will be closed for road reconstruction and paving from Monday, June 27, 2022 through Wednesday, June 29, 2022, from 6am to 6pm. A detour will be in place during this time. Motorists should expect delays and should use caution when driving through an active construction zone.
It is recommended that alternate routes be considered to minimize delays. Motorists should also use caution in this location as construction equipment will be stored along the road overnight.
Please note that if emergency responders need access at this intersection, construction crews will make every effort to provide timely entrance to the intersection.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to make these important improvements. If you have any questions, please call the 24-hour Project Line at (888) 353-9865. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we perform the work necessary to complete this important project.
Public Meeting Information
Interested in receiving email blasts with the latest project construction and traffic control information? Sign up below:
- Currently all construction work is happening at the Terminal Tank site located on N. Quincy Road. The Terminal Tank Site is where the treated water from the SRWA water treatment plant will be stored for Turlock once construction is completed.
- The contractor is installing underground piping at the Terminal Tank site.
- Formwork for the 2.3-million-gallon water reservoir is being installed.
- Underground piping for the Pump Station is being installed.